Re: MGC's

To: lhartley@server.chem.ufl.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGC's
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 21:06:15 -0400
lhartley asks:
>One thing I haven't seen has been MGC info :-(

>Anybody out there own one, besides me???  I understand everything from
>the windscreen back is 'B'.  Is this correct?

The gearbox, rear end, rear brakes and wheels are different. Body panels
stayed the same, and ditto the interior. The gearbox mods are largely bearing
upgrades, the rear end has a longer ratio (about 3.31 if I recall) than the
MGB 3.9.
My biggest beef with the C was the tendency of the brake boosters to start
leaking at the diaphram, thus sending brake fluid into the vacuum line, then
the head, thus thinning down th oil locally and creating valve guide
problems, etc.... Oh well, I do still wish I had one, though not at the cost
of giving up my MGA and MGB
( my second C had a PO installed 350 chevy and TH350 trans...boy was that
fun!)