bad behavior in rear brake

Subject: bad behavior in rear brake
From: Jerry Rau <jerry_rau@escalade.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 95 14:05:00 PDT
Yesterday while driving my 66 MGB, the left rear brake locked up when I
applied what I would consider moderate brake pressure. I dont' drive the car
very often lately, so I wonder if the behavior is related to it sitting
undriven.

I'm not sure why, but I remember someone telling me that every once in a
while it is a good idea to tap the brake while driving in reverse. I did
this and it seemed to help the lockup problem. However if I applied the
brakes hard while going in the forward direction, I was back to the lock up
condition after just two or three applications.

Anyone have an idea as to the cause or what to do about it?

Thanks.

 -jerry

rau@escalade.com