Re: Meboe is right!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Meboe is right!
From: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil (Mark A. Dodd, WL/ELOD, X55581/64158)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 95 07:49:20 EDT
>Despite being only 25 years old and not knowing a blessed thing about cars
>or the meaning of life, Greg was right about the location of the fixed
>timing mark on an MGB 18GH engine.
Let's give Greg some credit.  From his stories, he has spent a LOT of time
around British cars.  Many years behind the counter at a Brit car
establishment and we could all learn a little.  And Greg is even going to
college.  That puts him in at least the 98th percentile of car parts counter
people in intelligence :-)

>Seems to me you have a late model pulley and earlier timing cover.  As
>mentioned, I've seen that before.
Having battled a 77B, my guess is the opposite.  I remember going down to
check the timing.  My B had the stock original engine, so the timing cover
with its marks on the bottom would be correct for a late model B.  Haven't
been around enough early Bs to know if their balancer/pulley marks are at 10:00.

Ray, you are going to a lot of work on a car that you may not buy.  Either
you enjoy tinkering and helping others, or you have more time than sense.
Given your posts, I think I know the answer......  Could I interest you in
taking a short (two week?) test drive of my C/GT ;-)

Mark A Dodd                 Working in the dark (infrared)
email: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil Working in the grease (MGs)
Snail: 2700 D St, Ste 2     Working in the dust (212 Central
       WPAFB, OH 45433-7405                      Dayton, OH)
       (513) 255-5581