distributor removal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: distributor removal
From: slindsay@nyx10.cs.du.edu (Steve Lindsay)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 95 21:17:49 MDT
I am trying to remove the distributor from the block without
any luck.  I have removed the two bolts that hold it to the block
and it does not budge.  I then loosened the adjusting bolt and now
that part that was bolted to the block will spin but the distributor
is still as solid as a rock.  It will not even rotate if I wanted to
adjust the timing.

This is a 1978 B that has not been started for 10 years.  Shouldn't
the distributor be free to turn and slide in and out or is there
something else holding it?