Re: distributor removal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: distributor removal
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 23 Jun 1995 10:07:29 -0500
In <9506230317.AA21950@nyx10.cs.du.edu>, Steve Lindsay wrote:

>This is a 1978 B that has not been started for 10 years.  Shouldn't
>the distributor be free to turn and slide in and out or is there
>something else holding it?

Nothing else holding it.  I presume that what you mean is that when
you remove the two bolts and the clamp bolt the bracket is free to
rotate but the dizzie is still stuck.  At that point the dizzie should
rotate easily and slide right out.  It is probably gooed in from rust
or crud.  Liberally spray with WD40 (or Kroil) and let it sit for a
day or two.  I wouldn't use anything more than your hands to force it,
since the casting is aluminum and the replacements are $$$.
                Good luck!              A. B. Bonds