Advanced Timing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Advanced Timing
From: baker@islandnet.com (Jack Baker)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 95 07:25 PDT
The other day at a friends we were going to adjust the timing on my 75 MGB.
His timing light failed in mid stream so we timed it by ear. We ended up
with a very smooth idle,strange because the car has alumpy cam. The car ran
fairly well on the way home but seemed to lack pep.  I checked the timing
with my light and was surprised to find it was advanced 35 degrees.  I
retarded it to my usual 18 degrees and regained the pep.  Now people are
telling me that the car couldnt run 35 advanced that my timing light has
been dropped once to often. Any comments??

                   Gaile Baker's Brother Jack
                                                    (:-))
                   http://www.IslandNet.com:80/~baker/