Hi)

Subject: Hi)
From: 007 <jmel@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 09:37:50 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 09:32:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: 007 <jmel@netcom.com>

Hi everyone:

Just signed up for this mailing list - its neat to read all this info on
MGs..  2 weeks ago I bought my 1st MG from my boss - a '79 MGB.

I have a few questions that I hope the group can answer:

1. The car has an Allison aftermarket electronic ignition.  I would
appreciate any comments or suggestions re same.

2. 3rd gear - need to double clutch going from 2nd, & need to rev up
downshifting from 4th, othwise it grinds  -  synchro problem???

3. I keep having to refill the dampener on the carb w/oil - is this
normal?  Could there be a leak??

4. The top doesn't fit too well - Any suggestions on stretching the vinyl
to make a better fit????

Thanks in advance

Jim Mellander
New MG enthusiast

PS - oops originally sent this to the majordomo........