Re: MGB GT AND MIGET are they worth Keeping

To: "John P. Milik" <jpm@fore.com>
Subject: Re: MGB GT AND MIGET are they worth Keeping
From: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 15:25:33 -0400 (EDT)
Jack,

I would work on quite a few parts _before_ even firing up the
engine of your Midget. I don't know in what conditions your
Midget has been stored, but it can't hurt to avoid what
happened to mine.  Take the time and undo the four rear bolts
of the drive shaft after applying a well visible mark for the
proper reassembly. Then check if the shaft would slide out
without major problems. If it is already rusted solid to the
transmission shaft you're in trouble, but no permanent damage
has been done yet . If this seized you shouldn't drive the
Midget before taking care of it.
I would also use the grease gun on all the grease fittings
you can find in the manual and under the car.

Cheers,
        Gus

Agustin de la Calle               '71 MG Midget (red)
Boston, MA              delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu