Re: MGB questions, comments (long)

To: gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB questions, comments (long)
From: RLDesign@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 16:15:44 -0400
Hi, Ray,

The steering on MGBs is generally pretty heavy, considering how much they
weigh, and especially compared to other Brit sports cars. The steering on my
Healey 3000 is much lighter than my GT. Then again, the MG's steering is
pretty direct, while the Healey's can be somewhat vague...

I suspect 185 tires would make already heavy steering >really< heavy. That's
a good 20 mm wider than stock tires would have been. And if someone has
swapped out the original steering wheel for a smaller unit, then you'll feel
it, too.

Ditching the boy-racer tires will probably help things immensly. You might
also check the fluid level in the rack.

Oh, yeah: You can borrow my 3000 to "evaluate" for awhile, if you like. I'll
make a list of things which really should receive attention before you drive.
Once you get the rust out of the doglegs, I'd like the cove painted
ivory...you can respray the rest of it in the current Healey blue.

Anytime you want, really.

--Roger Los