Re: MGB's are different than Bugeyes

To: brooked@bre.co.uk
Subject: Re: MGB's are different than Bugeyes
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 10:24:03 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 6 Jul 1995 brooked@bre.co.uk wrote:

> >        Bugeyes, while small, are larger inside than Midgets and
> >Sprites,
>
> May I suggest you get out a tape measure and check that one!
>
> Dave Brooke
> 72 BGT V8
> 76 Midget
> 59 Sprite (my brother's actually)

I assume one of the following--either you are very slender, or you have
not actually driven your brother's bugeye.  The bugeye and the Mark II
Sprite/Mark I Midget have side curtains.  The spaces inside the upper
doors are perfect for elbows; in effect these cars are about 4 or 5
inches wider inside than their wind up window successors.  The bugeye
also has thinner seat backs than later spridgets (unless some dpo has
switched seats), which translates into increased legroom.

Ray Gibbons