Re: Midget Dash Fire - Help!!!

To: ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com
Subject: Re: Midget Dash Fire - Help!!!
From: TRIFARI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 02:01:44 -0400
Andy--before you do anything, find out why the fire started.  Obviously you
have a short somewhere.  From your description, I would focus on two areas.
 First the the light switch.  If it's like my MGB it's wired in before the
ignition and is hot.  Also consider this:  One fault of the early brit cars
was their lack of fuses.The running light and head light circuits were
unfused as a result. I don;t know what circuitrs are fused on a Mid, but you
may want to focus in on these circuits and see if one of them shorted (vide:
your comment about the headlights dimming).  I installed in-line fuses in my
Healey to cover these circuits.  Finally, youi may want to consider a battery
cut out swtich.  Ground switches are OK, but for total protection fuse the
hot side of the battery.  Hope this helps.  See you on the road soon,  John
Trifari  1955 BN1 with fuses up the gazoo/1980 MGB.