Brake fluid debate

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake fluid debate
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 1995 16:39:28 -0600 (MDT)
Since this brake fluid discussion is on a roll I'd like to comment.

As far as I am aware, the rubber seals in the master cylinders, and wheel
cylnders, (not sure about calipers), if *ORIGNAL* on older LBC's will
promptly disintegrate if you don't use the correct brake fluid.

I removed a piece of rubber that resembled a black chewed up gummy bear
from a rear wheel cylinder on my Midget when I first bought it, obviously
caused by the ignorance of the PO or mechanic.

Take care guys, using the wrong fluid can be VERY dangerous.
Don't take the chance thinking that everything will be ok.....usually
it's not.

Sincerely,

Nick D. Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences