Luggage Racks

Subject: Luggage Racks
From: 007 <jmel@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 14:59:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hello again everyone:

Thanks for the suggestions re: the float in my fuel sender.  I think I
will try the suggestion with the soldering iron to try & melt the plastic
together.  I'll let U know.

I recently received from TRF an original equipment luggage rack for my
'79 B.  The trunk lid has holes already drilled by some PO & I wanted to
get the same rack to conceal those holes & dress up the appearance.

Anyway, the replacement rack I recieved is different from the one I need
- the rack has only 1 hole at each of the 4 corners, and I need 2 holes.
Also, the mounting brackets I need are more widely seperated.  I recall
reading something in the
Moss catalog about dealer installed racks in the US being different from
the UK variety.  I also saw a rack on a TR7 that looked (dimensionally)
exactly what I need.   Does anyone have any light that they can shed on
this subject???

Thanks Again,

Jim Mellander