More questions about Fred and Barney

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: More questions about Fred and Barney
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 95 12:43:21 EDT
I've another question about the two '79 MGB's I'm transferring a motor
between:

The car donating it's engine (hereafter referred to as "Fred") has dual SU's
which I presume came from an older MGB.  The fuel line from the tank goes
thru the filter, and directly to the supply lines for the carbs.  The carbs
also have return lines going back to the tank.

"Barney" is the nearly stock car Fred's engine is going into.  Barney has
what I presume to be a fuel regulator or pulse damper between the filter and
supply to the carb.  Please forgive my ignorance; I'm getting a manual ASAP.

My question: With the electric fuel pump, do I need the fuel regulator with
the SU carbs?

thanks in advance for your help,

Sean Johnson