Wibbly Wobbly Suspension Troubles!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wibbly Wobbly Suspension Troubles!
From: "Robert Hollingsworth" <SR059@ist2.co.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 15:49:35 GB/EIRE
I have a 79 MG Midget.

Recently I sent the car into the garage to have new springs fitted to
the rear of the car as it had always leaned slightly to the passenger
side.

Unfortunately the fitment of new springs did not cure the lean and a
closer examination revealed that the car was twisted obviously from a
previous accident (No I did'nt crash it!).

Has anyone any ideas as to how I could level up the car as fitting
the new springs has raised the drivers side far higher than is
normal (approx 3 cm). This has had the result that the car is quite a
handfull at motorway speeds (70 mph) and wobbles about in corners. I
have uprated from dampers and an uprated anti-roll bar fitted.

I would have gotten rid of the car, only I have recently spent 1500
pounds on suspension, engine and steering! Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.

Rob

A Depressed MG Owner.