Re: Wibbly Wobbly Suspension Troubles!

To: SR059@ist2.co.umist.ac.uk, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wibbly Wobbly Suspension Troubles!
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 95 09:07:33 -0700
In message <52A99EB37B8@ist2.co.umist.ac.uk> "Robert Hollingsworth" writes:
> I have a 79 MG Midget.
>

> Unfortunately the fitment of new springs did not cure the lean and a
> closer examination revealed that the car was twisted obviously from a
> previous accident (No I did'nt crash it!).

Sounds dangerous to me.  So..

1. Take it to a frame shop & see what it would take to straighten out the car

or

2. Look for a '79 midget with bad/worn out drive train and good body for sale
very cheep and move your parts over to the new body.

Stop purchasing cars with major handling problems.  If it has a problem, make
sure a competent mechanic familure with the breed looks at it before you
purchase it.

TeriAnn Wakeman              .sig closed for remodeling
twakeman@apple.com