MGA crankshaft pulley questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA crankshaft pulley questions
From: Kevin Sullivan <Kevin.Sullivan@sfo-nichols.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 09:12:34 -0500 (CDT)
What's up with this crankshaft pulley?  It's made from two pieces of
metal riveted together.  I'm missing 3 of 8 rivets and the remaining 5
are loose and elongating the holes.  A new pulley costs $80 from Moss or
VB so I'm going to try putting bolts through all the rivet holes and red
locktiting the heck out of them.  I can't get the pulley off, anyway.  I
got the radiator out and the bolt out of the crank but the pulley won't
budge.  I can't get a puller on there unless I unbolt the steering rack
and move it out of the way.  Don't really want to do this so I'll try the
eight bolts through the pulley idea.  What do you think?

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA
Nichols Research Corp.
Shalimar FL USA