Re: regarding insurance

To: "W. B. Olson" <WBOLSON@cherokee.astate.edu>
Subject: Re: regarding insurance
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 12:44:24 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, W. B. Olson wrote:

> > I don't mean to start a thread on insurance compaines; after all, this is
> > the MGS list, but if anyone has advice on how to get an lbc appraised *for*
> > insurance purposes, I'd appreciate it.
> >
> > Will Zehring
> >
> Me too.  A pretty important lbc subject!  Every bit as important as
> "SAFETY FAST".

I have my bugeye insured with State Farm via a conventional policy.  They
were willing to insure it for a stated value.  They asked for a
professional appraisal, which cost me $75, and for pictures.  I have no
experience regarding what they will do if I make a claim, but they have
been good for my other cars.  They encourage me to suspend my collision
and liability ins. when the car is stored for the winter.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910