Re: regarding insurance

To: WBOLSON@cherokee.astate.edu, gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu
Subject: Re: regarding insurance
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 10:19:36 -0500
> I have my bugeye insured with State Farm via a conventional policy.  They
> were willing to insure it for a stated value.  They asked for a
> professional appraisal, which cost me $75, and for pictures.  I have no
> experience regarding what they will do if I make a claim, but they have
> been good for my other cars.  They encourage me to suspend my collision
> and liability ins. when the car is stored for the winter.

Don't do it. I did this two years ago while rebuilding my Midget engine.
A guy (idiot) backed into it as he thought it was a 'pile of logs under a tarp'
(funny, how many piles of logs do you see with four wheels sticking out??).

Anyway, his ins. company had a field day becuase I didn't have ins. and
therefore
nobody to 'fend' for me as it were.

I eventually got $200 for the crumpled fender (after an offer of $100). That
took three months, and didn't even cover the cost of the fender...

Marcus