Re: Car Covers

To: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Subject: Re: Car Covers
From: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil (Mark A. Dodd, WL/ELOD, X55581/64158)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 95 12:08:03 EDT
>What I am wondering is, how good a job would a car cover do against the
>elements. Would it do as good a job as a garage or a car port? Has anybody
>out there had good luck with one outside? I would hate to hasten the demise
of a
>good classic LBC.
Car covers and outdoors no longer go together in my book.  I bought one of
the Tyvek covers as it was supposed to be good for keeping the water out.
It did that quite well.  However my car was parked in gravel.  When it
rained or snowed and then evaporated, it would condense out under the cover.
So while it didn't let rain/water through, it still got there.  I probably
did more damage by using the cover than if I hadn't used anything :-(  And
that cover wasn't cheap :-( :-(

Mark A Dodd                 Working in the dark (infrared)
email: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil Working in the grease (MGs)
Snail: 2700 D St, Ste 2     Working in the dust (212 Central
       WPAFB, OH 45433-7405                      Dayton, OH)
       (513) 255-5581