Re: swapping early top frames

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: swapping early top frames
From: craig@wco.com (craig wiper)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 17:09:46 -0700
>Fellow fiends:
>
>I've been thinking (uh oh) about the feasability of swapping the top frames
>on Old Whitesides ('63 B).  At present I have the permanently attached frame
>that folds into the space behind the seats (as I've said before, likely to
>have been designed by Dr. Mengele).

I took off the top frame that came with my early 1974 MGB and bought a used
frame and a new stow-away top. I decided to put in a roll bar that would
only fit with the fold-up top frame removed. The stow-away top frame drops
right into the slot for the tonneau bars. It works great. I put the top in a
stowage bag and store it in the trunk along with the frame for the summer. I
prefer this top to the original. It was easy to change. Of course, you have
to install the header rail to the new top (if you use a new one!).

Bye, Craig Wiper
craig@wco.com