A-arm bushing replacement on MGA

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: A-arm bushing replacement on MGA
From: Kevin Sullivan <Kevin.Sullivan@sfo-nichols.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 08:28:06 -0500 (CDT)
I ordered urethane bushings for my MGA and I can't get the A-arms apart.
My plan was to put the front end up on jackstands, then put the jack under
the outer part of the spring, take the bolt out of the lower trunion, and
lower the jack to take pressure off the spring.  But I can't get the bolt
out.  The nut came off.  I can turn the bolt with a wrench about one full
turn before it's too hard to move.  I put Liquid Wrench everywhere I
thought some might get to the bolt.  I'm afraid to use a BFH or torch
because I might damage the kingpin or seals or something.  What should I
try next?

Also, is it kosher (or even proper) to cross-post a question like this
to british-cars and mgs?  I know it's annoying to read the same message twice.
If everyone on mgs was also on
british-cars, we could post to only the appropriate list and the
appropriate people would get it.  Opinions?

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA
Nichols Research Corp.
Shalimar FL USA