IT RUNS!!! IT REALLY RUNS!!!

To: British Car List <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: IT RUNS!!! IT REALLY RUNS!!!
From: "Eric L. Van Iderstine" <elv1@ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 10:03:52 -0500 (CDT)

So I go out to work on the mg again this morning.  I reset the float
level in the carbs (realized while watching the video that I did it
wrong) and made sure my electronic ignition was set up correctly.

Please understand that I have worked on this vehicle nearly every day
this summer and was hoping to have it on the road last week.

Welllll, I turned her over....nothing...(this has been done sooo many
times previously that I had to recharge my battery).....again......
nothing......
Then I realized that I never connected the wires from the "black box"
(its gold) to the distributor.....

THE DANG THING CRANKED    AND RAN.......AND IDLED.......

This car hasn't run in years..........

IT RANNNNNNN........

LIFE IS GOOD.

Well, I'm going to go put the heater box in so I can put water in the
cooling system (I only let it run for 15 seconds, throttle cable in
workkroom still) and hook up the throtle cable.......

I have also used up my quota on capital letters :)

Feel free to congratulate me.
WOW

Eric

Eric L. Van Iderstine - ME - Mississippi State University
elv1@Ra.MsState.Edu     http://www2.msstate.edu/~elv1
74 MGB & 85 Buick (until I finish the MG)

"An object at rest cannot be stopped." The evil midnight bomber
what bombs at midnight    FROM "THE TICK"