Re: Any feedback on those covers yet???

To: Railroad2@aol.com
Subject: Re: Any feedback on those covers yet???
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 95 23:53 EST
>Subj:  Re: Car Covers
>Date:  07/26/95
>To:    rdonahue@holli.com
>
>Bob,
>
>I am in a similar situation with a mint '59 Ford 100E Squire and a
>soon-to-arrive '66 Midget restored to a very nice condition.  I'd appreciate
>it if you would fill me in on what you find out since a lot of it might go to
>you directly.  I once had a Technolon cover (the most expensive one at Pep
>Boys) on an old Buick that seemed to work quite well.  Never scratched the
>paint and cushioned the car from branches and bicycles quite well.  Stood up
>well to snow.  Not sure how well really nice paint would do.  Covers must
>breathe to protect the paint and therefore can't be waterproof like cheap
>vinyl covers.  I found that some fine stuff found its way through such as
>pollen.  Don't ask me how.  Also, all kind of leaves and spiders and crud
>seem to collect under the car.
>
>Fill me in on what you hear...
>
>Glen Wilson

Some people like them, some don't. Everybody agrees that they aren't
as good as a garage. One person had an idea that intrigued me, he suggested
putting a heater in the car. If the car is slightly warmer than the outside
air, it will always be above the dew point. In other words, water vapor
won't condense on it. Maybe a light bulb would suffice?

Bob Donahue  " 50s FOREVER "
rdonahue@holli.com
1953 MG-TD