MGA Flambe - MK III + Questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Flambe - MK III + Questions
From: laner@teleport.com (Lane Rollins)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 08:44:24 -0700
Finally got the _________ insurance company to a reasonable settlement, not
a great one. These folks were absolutly amazing, they were the ones that
decided that the car had to be towed to there lot and when all was said and
done they wanted me to pay to have it towed back! I didn't want it moved in
the first place but they used what has come to be a very hated phrase "It's
in your contract to cooperate with State Farm". I got that one on atleast
five occasions and then they basically made it sound like the would make it
as hard as possible to settle the claim.

On a lark I called on a add that was in the paper a few weeks ago on a MGA
down in Salem. It hadn't sold so I went down and looked at on Monday nite.
Went thru the car and found all the short cuts and sloppy things the people
that restored the car did. Made an offer that I thought they would laugh
off, but they took it! It was more then what I got from the insurance
company but I had a car! The car was "restored" 10 years ago but has only
had about 2500 miles put on it since then. Every thing fills a bit stiff
but good. This leads to a a couple questions -

It has Allison electronic ignition on it. What do I need to know about it?
Like how to set the timing correctly. Is there sombody out ther in net.land
that would make me a copy of the documentation that comes with the unit?

Acording to the reciepts it has and T-32 Isky Cam in it. Can anybody tell
me about this cam?

Part of the reason I'm asking is that the engine doesn't seem to have
nearly as much get up and go as my old car had. The new A is a 1500, has
the t-32 cam, electonic ignition, the heads been ported, and has an nice
exhaust header. The old car was a 1600 with MKII head and the Street
Performance Cam that NW imports sells. If I can tweek the engine a bit and
get it running better I'll leave things well enough alone, otherwise I'll
probably swap engines.

Cheers,
Lane