speaking of ODs and driveshafts

To: "mgs%autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: speaking of ODs and driveshafts
From: "Cram, Geoff" <gcram@wdni.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 95 14:22:00 PDT
Years ago, when I was young and really foolish, I bought what I understood
to be a complete, later model OD trans "kit" to put in my 66B.  After going
back and having to buy the later rear engine plate and assorted bracing as
well, then lengthening (ow!) the shifter opening in the tunnel, I slapped
that baby in and drove happily off into the sunset.  Except that the
original drive shaft was a hair too long for the new box, so the splines
were already nearly bottomed out _before_ I drove over any bumps.  It didn't
take long to realize that I needed a different setup, which came about when
I found an early model OD unit for a decent price.  So watch that drive
shaft!

Geoff Cram
gcram@wdni.com