Re: Braking Problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Braking Problem
From: kb@techprt.co.uk (Kevin Buckley)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 09:57:07 BST
>Over the past few days, my '77 B has developed a case of spongy brakes.  At
>first, the pedal would occasionally go soft at a stop, but then would pump >up
>
> (...)
>
>All thoughts on this matter are greatly appreciated.
>
>Mike McDevitt
>'74 and '77 B's

This happened to both the clutch & the brakes (on separate occasions) on my
71 CB 'B' over a period of a few months & was due to the rubber bits being
worn out.

The problem was only fully solved once I had applied the 'sledgehammer to
crack a nut' solution of changing the brake & clutch master cylinders & the
clutch slave cylinder (on the premise that I only want to do this messy job
once, ever!).  The rear brake cylinders had already been renewed a couple of
years ago & the fronts seem OK.  That just leaves the pipes now!

Kevin

Mail:  Kevin Buckley                                  #####
       The Technology Partnership Ltd                 #####
       Melbourn, Royston                              #####
       Herts. SG8 6EE UK                              #####
Tel:   +44 1763 262626                                #####
Fax:   +44 1763 261582                        THE TECHNOLOGY PARTNERSHIP
EMail: kb@techprt.co.uk                               #####