RE: More Advice

To: MGS <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: More Advice
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 95 10:30:00 PDT
>My question is, for $800, is it worth it? Has anyone out there heard of a
>situation where a body could not be restored (assuming I had enough money)?
It
>seems to me it would be a really cool car to get back on the road (in a few
>years,  I know)

The parts that ARE there make it worth it. If the body is really beyond hope
and you don't want to teach the kids the elements of welding, painting,
etc., There are a number of places where one can buy the British Heritage
MGB shell. This is esentially a complete unpainted, untrimmed chrome-bumper
body shell ready to paint and bolt on the old parts. About $3500 as I
recall. For a real basket case body, it makes a more economical way to bring
back the car's former glories.

Good luck!

Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com