Re: More Advice

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Advice
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com (MR ROBERT C NOGUEIRA)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 03:10:43 EDT
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

statc@kaman.com)

> Subject: More Advice
>
> To All,
>
> I am fully aware that restoring a car is going to cost me alot of
money.
> I'm not really concerned with this because my interest is in having a
> project to do with my teenagers. Also, I do not have a lot of liquid
cash
> right now, so my initial "investment" has to be small. That said, I
would
> like to know your opinions on the following:
>
>                 1967 MGB Mark I
>
>         But, here's the problem...
>
>                 The body may need help from above.
>
> My question is, for $800, is it worth it? Has anyone out there heard
of a
> situation where a body could not be restored (assuming I had enough
> money)? It seems to me it would be a really cool car to get back on
the
> road (in a few years,  I know)
>
> Any opinions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Macedonia [macedonia-statc@kaman.com]

David:
Several years ago I mentioned to my wife how I thought A MGBGT would be
a great car as a everyday driver. She found one in the paper for sale
and bought it for me as a surprise ($800) .

Five years, later I have a nice driver.
The body had no rust but I could have paid for the restoration if I had
bet people that they could not close their eyes and touched the car
without touching a dent.

Body work is not brain surgery but does take a touch and sure is messy.

The bright side was for five years she couldn't complain about me being
in the garage.

Bob

"WHO IS MAJORDOMO AND WHY IS SHE ALWAYS WRITING ME ??????"