Re: Dual carb mod in CA?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dual carb mod in CA?
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 09:27:55 +1000
The reason MG and Jaguar went away from SU carbies for US spec cars was that
they are a mongrel to get emission levels down to the required level at idle.
We have no problems in Oz (not yet anyway) but suggest you check this aspect
before changing to SUs.  If you can then you will be eternally grateful for
the improved performance.  Properly tuned and unworn SUs will beat almost
anything for economy and ease of starting.  Note I said properly tuned and
not worn out and sucking air through every gap!!

Some people fit webers here which might give better acceleration but idle
like a dog and use much more fuel.

Regards,>

Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au