SU Pistons..

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Pistons..
From: David Hall <dhall@hp-vcd.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 95 8:26:30 PDT

 Hello all again..

 As I was rebuilding my carbs, I noticed that the pistons are different!

 One of them has a slot running from front to back on the bottom
 of the piston.  (As looking from Intake to Outlet.)  The other piston
 does not have this slot!

 Near as I can tell from the manuals, it appears that the earlier SU's did
 not have the slot in the bottom of the piston, and the later ones did.

 What is the slot for?  I have access to a milling machine, and could
 easially add the slot into the other piston.  Should I do this?

 Thanks!

 Dave Hall
 dhall@vcd.hp.com