Re: value of 70' MGB

To: GQER03A@prodigy.com (MR FRANK HILL)
Subject: Re: value of 70' MGB
From: "Jerry Causey" <antiques@whidbey.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 10:29:23 +0800
Frank:

Regardless of the values you receive from the MGS List, spend the money
to have it valued by a licensed appraiser. Otherwise you will have nothing
but problems with your insurance company should you ever have to try to
collect. Your local MG club should be able to point you to a
knowledgeable appraiser. You should also shine it up, hose down your
driveway, and videotape (or photograph) it from every angle, including
interior,
boot, top up, top down,  and engineroom shots. A bright, but overcast day
should give you the best shots. With a tape and appraisal in hand, there
can't be too much argument about the "before" condition of your car, should
you ever have to confront your insurance company.

Regards,
Jerry Causey

GQER03A@prodigy.com (MR FRANK HILL) said:

Looking for the true value of my 70' MGB.  I have owned it since 1971,
 and it is in great original condition.  No rust has been garaged
always.  Was re-painted in 79' but looks great.  interior in very
good condition, re-carpeted in 79'.  No tears in seats. This car is
still mostly all original.  AS 70' was the only year for the two
piece rear bumper, I feel this should affected the value of 70's. It
also has wire wheels.  The car is not for sale. I am only interested
in a fair value for insurance.  I think the car is worth at least
$5000. Looking forward to any comments.

Thanks,
Frank