Re: Over-rich SU's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Over-rich SU's
From: Kevin Sullivan <Kevin.Sullivan@sfo-nichols.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 10:34:33 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 28 Aug 1995, Allan R. Hovis wrote:

> had several of the local "experts" set them up and it seems to idle OK and
> run alright but has lots of black deposits on the tailpipe and plugs to the
> point of misfiring after a week or so of driving. Could this be due to an

I had a similar situation until I replaced my faulty plug wires.  Same
could happen if spark is bad due to cap or rotor problem.  It's hard to
set the mixture with a poor spark because the adjustments don't seem to
make much difference.  When you finally get it set correctly (lift the
piston test) it runs ok but fouls plugs like crazy.  If you try to lean
it out it's too lean.  Gotta have good spark before you can set the carbs.

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA
Nichols Research Corp.
Shalimar FL USA