RE: Engine lacks compression and grinding 3rd gear; what to do?

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine lacks compression and grinding 3rd gear; what to do?
From: Glenn Mapes <gmapes@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 95 07:09:00 mdt
Jay
Usually, when there is low compression on cyl 2 and 3 it is a leaking head
gasket. You could try replacing it first, before tearing the engine apart.
OTOH, since you will have to pull the engine and trans to repair the trans,
that might be a good time to replace bearings and rings, at least, in the
engine.
Glenn Mapes
1968 MGB