Re: Need help in tire selection for 1974 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need help in tire selection for 1974 MGB
From: Jurgman@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 15:29:59 -0400

> I have a set of performance
>Toyo's on my B right now, 185-70s, and they are fine, they have traction and
>heat ratings of A and A, which is as good as they rate, and a treadwear
>rating of about 500, which on my B means they will rot off before they wear
>out!
>Good Luck

Watch out for those temp, traction, and wear ratings.  They're useless unless
you are comparing tires from one company.  There are no standards set by the
government or anyone for that matter, therefore tire companies can rate their
tires anyway they wish.
I say get a decent quality tire from a reputable company and you shouldn't go
wrong.  I think most people would agree.

 Personally, I don't really care about treadwear warranty's since they
pro-rate the remaining tread on your tires and give you virtually nothing.

Jay