Re: to SU or not to SU

To: ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: to SU or not to SU
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 02:56:56 EDT
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

> Date: Monday, 11-Sep-95 04:57 PM
>

> >        My local Imports parts place quotes me $475 for a Weber
> >carb and a manifold. I'd like to keep it stock, but, well,
> >whaddya all think of the Webers?? Is this price too high?? (US
dollars)

I have the Weber downdraft on my MGBGT and it is a piece of junk. My
Morgan has the Stromberg 175CD which are said to be inferior to the SU
and I'd take the Stromberg any day of the week. The Weber is never
happy at any setting, floods frequently and  parts  are always falling
off.

 Bob Nogueira