Midget electrical problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget electrical problems
From: "Bart Schwartz" <bschwartz@dttus.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 95 10:23:33 CST
     Hello All-

     Having a strange electrical problem...

     I turned off the engine on my '76 Midget the other day and the red
     ignition/no-charge came ON... when the car was completely off.  When I
     put the key into position II (on), the light went off.

     So now the light is on when it's supposed to be off and on when it's
     supposed to be off.  I'm not sure what's going on (I'm still pretty
     new to this).  Is it possible that this is related to the alternator
     problems I've been having?  I'm about to swap out the alternator
     anyway.  Do I have other problems as well?

     Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

     -Bart

     * Bart Schwartz                 Internet:  bschwartz@dttus.com *
     * 1976 Midget 1500              CServe:    75753,2550          *