Re: My husband screwed up my car!

To: Sharon Zurflieh <zurf@emi.net>
Subject: Re: My husband screwed up my car!
From: ek_john_luthy <luthy@cesd.servtech.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 01:25:46 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 14 Sep 1995, Sharon Zurflieh wrote:

> Somebody please help me!  My car ('79 MGB) had no problems whatsoever for
> eighteen
> months.  Then recently my fuel pump died, so my husband replaced it with
> an electric
> one.  Then the smog pump seized, so he removed it.  Immediately
> afterwards all the accessories (radio, lights, tachometer, etc.) died, so
> my husband removed the voltage regulator.  Now the car is experiencing
> intermittent blackouts, which wouldn't be
> so bad except I have to reprogram my radio every time it happens.  It
> happens every
> time I put the key in the ignition, and sometimes when I'm driving.
> Also, almost
> every time I stop the car the engine races until I tap on the gas pedal.
> Could there
> be a short somewhere?  Do I need a new voltager regulator?  Do I need a
> new husband?
> Would somebody please tell me what to do so I can have my nice reliable
> car back?
>
> BTW, I just fixed a dead lawnmower (clogged jet) that both my husband and his
> father couldn't fix.  HAH!
>
> TIA
>
> __
> Sharon Zurflieh
> zurf@emi.net

Your husband doesn't seen to be able to fix cars. I am sure that he is
skilled at somthing,, however ,from your message it would appear that you
should keep him away from all things mechanical.
As far as getting your reliable car back the answer is simple .... hire a
mechanic. If your husband objects offer this .."" I'm sure that you are a
very skilled automotive technican, however I don't want to bother you
with somthing as simple as reparing a automobile that was enginered
almost 20 years ago. I will take to my local High school and let the kids
practice what they learned in basic auto shop.""