72 Midget -- Air Pump Disassembly

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72 Midget -- Air Pump Disassembly
From: ciaffone@nando.net
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 13:37:34 +0000
After much weeping and thrashing, I finally got the
$%#@ Air Pump apart -- all the way down to the shell. Got
the rotor out, the "sealed" bearings out,a dn the myriad
spacers out.  Just gotta clean/polish all the bearing
surfaces (rotor, rotor cap, etc) and reassemble to have
a working air pump for the smog police.  Geez it feels great.
Many thanks to my Wrenching Wife who supplied the stablizing
force.

As I now have the entire thing spread out on my bench, If anybody
wants to know which parts go where, I kin tell ya.  Maybe I
better make a drawing before I try to put it all back together
again.  Can't imagine why Haynes ignores this one piece altogether??

chuck
// Chuck Ciaffone
// 919-544-4878
// ciaffone@nando.net