Re: Re: Re: Men bashing

To: twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Men bashing
From: Cindy_Jizmagian@bcsmac.org (Cindy Jizmagian)
Date: 13 Sep 1995 22:07:36 GMT
> because they are the "MAN" and by some inborne genetic trait
>intrensicly know more about cars than any woman.

>sigh

>TeriAnn

This reminds me of a recurring scenario:

A man and woman arrive at a repair facility. The technician at this facility
may recognize them both, and is aware that the car to be serviced belongs to
the woman and that the man is there to give her a ride home or to keep her
company.  Even if the female is able to ask informed or intelligent questions
about the car, the technician, when discussing the car, talks directly to the
man (almost as if the woman is not there).  No, it doesn't happen all the
time, just enough to suggest a pattern.  No, it's probably not my
imagination, because it was actually not me who noticed it first, but a
perceptive male.  (I would have asked him to submit this story, but he tends
to think of electronic mail as stereo catalogues and a mouse as something you
don't want in the house.)

BTW, I don't repair lbc's for a living, but i've been known to change
oil/filter, clean, gap and replace plugs, change thermostats, wire/install
stereos and switches, etc.  Does this count?

Cindy