Re: Re: Re: Men bashing

To: Cindy Jizmagian <Cindy_Jizmagian@bcsmac.org>
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Men bashing
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 10:16:19 -0400 (EDT)
On 13 Sep 1995, Cindy Jizmagian wrote:

> > because they are the "MAN" and by some inborne genetic trait
> >intrensicly know more about cars than any woman.
> >sigh
> >TeriAnn

> This reminds me of a recurring scenario:

> company.  Even if the female is able to ask informed or intelligent questions
> about the car, the technician, when discussing the car, talks directly to the
> man (almost as if the woman is not there).  No, it doesn't happen all the

A very good friend, who is amicably separated from and financially
independent of her husband, went to shop for a new car.  She took her
husband, who admits knowing zero about cars and whose idea of negotiating
has always been to pay list price, along for company and moral support.
At the dealership, the salesman spent 1/2 hour showing her husband the new
models, their features, etc, before acknowledging her existence with some
idiocy like, "And who do we have here, the better half?"  She replied,
"Who we have here is the person who might have bought a car from you if
you hadn't made her so angry she can't see straight."

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910