Re: Recon engines

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: Recon engines
From: brooked@bre.co.uk
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 09:36:33 EDT
Hello Andrew,

What's actually wrong with the engine you've got - why do you think it needs
some work?

Are you willing to dismantle and reassemble the engine yourself because it not
difficult and it could save you some money if you have your old engine rebuilt.

If you don't already have one go out and buy a Haynes workshop manual from
Halfords or any good motor factors, then read chapter 1 and decide whether you
want to pay someone else to rebuild the engine. Also go along to the nearest
MGOC or MGCC meeting and chat to people, there will be someone who has been
through it all before.

The number of the MGOC (owners club) national office is 01954 231125, if they
ask how you heard of them my membership no is AS0809.

I'm sure we'll be hearing more from you.

Dave B.
72 BGT
76 Midget