Re: 80 MGB horsepower?

To: rdonahue@holli.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 80 MGB horsepower?
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 02:39:37 -0400
In a message dated 95-09-17 15:02:39 EDT, rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J.
Donahue) writes:

>Are these low horsepower figures for California models or
>all the U.S. imports? I'm in the market for an MGB. I'm
>not looking for a muscle car, but I want something that will
>travel through the mountains of Tennessee with some dignity

You want dignity? buy a Rolls!
For the rest of our tastes: The B really took the big power dump in 75 when
they went to the single carb. 741/2s are dual carb, but have those butt-ugly
(sorry folks, my own opinion) bumpers. Cam and compression changes happened
in 73. The stongest Bs are the 67 and earliers, lacking only an all syncro
1st gear. ( which isn't so hard to remedy)
my personal view is to go 72 or earlier, the long years of experience have
convinced me that they have merits (power, lighter weight, etc)  that the
later cars lack. (no flames, please, it is _my_  opinion and doesn't have to
reflect on _your_  car,)