Water Loss

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Water Loss
From: baker@islandnet.com (Jack Baker)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 95 08:43 PDT
My MGB is running very well, but.  The other day on a rally it started to
overheat. The temperature was in the seventies. I checked the rad and found
it was almost half empty and the overflow bottle was dry. I could not see
any sign of a leak. Since the refill there has been no problem. Since I
could find no sign of a leak I pressure tested the cooling system, there was
no leak and the pressure remained up. I removed the plugs and found 1,2 and
3 were perfect but number 4 was white. I have concluded that I have a water
leak into number four cylinder. It is not likely a head crack, it is
probably a head gasket.
Is my guess correct, and if it is will it do any harm to ignore it for a
month or so? The car is running very well, and it only looses importent
amounts of water when driven at speed on the highway.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

                   Gaile Baker's Brother Jack
                                                    (:-))
                   http://www.IslandNet.com:80/~baker/