RE: Silly part name

To: "'MG Group'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Silly part name
From: "J. Michael Roach" <mroach@socketis.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 08:15:14 -0500
For the benefit of people (like me) who don't always know what these parts
are for, perhaps we should mandate that any nomination include a physical
description of the part, as well as a description of its function.

What do you think?

>> I think we should have a "Oddly Named Part of the Month" to keep the up the
>> humor end of this list.
>>
>> I'd like to nominate Zerk Fitting, please.
>
>How about Zdus (not a typo) bolts?  And "wrist pin" I can understand,
>but "gudgeon?"

Personally, I'ved always had a weakness for "distance piece."

Will Zehring

p.s.  are you sure it isn't spelled d-z-u-s?