Re: Targa Top

To: Sean Pendergast <seanp@uvaix3e1.comp.UVic.CA>
Subject: Re: Targa Top
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 14:42:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 Sep 1995, Sean Pendergast wrote:

>         I'm fromVitroia BC and I recently saw a latter MGB with what looked
> like a targa top.  Well the top wasn't actually on but the rear window was
> up.  I've been told that TR5's had them as well.  Is there such a thing and
> how  might I go about getting  one or even just looking one?  And $$$ much?

The TR4 and 5 (250) were available with a 2 piece hard top, the lower
section could remain on the car like a Porche Targa, or be removed.  The
upper portion was 1 piece in either steel or aluminum, like a Honda Del
Sol.  A soft top, called a Surey Top, was also available.  The Surrey
snapped to the lower top section and the windscreen.  I have never heard
of this for an MG, though.