Re: Does Waxoyl really work?

To: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Does Waxoyl really work?
From: russ@scubed.com (Russ Wilson)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 08:44:46 -0800
Andy wrote:
>         in my limited experience waxoyl does set in the spray tube but
>once the initial hard bit has been forced out the rest flows freely.

My heated, but unthinned, Waxoyl did indeed *flow* freely; the problem was
that it would not *spray* when the long application tube was used.  I got
globs on the bottom of my cardboard "sill".

>By the way I think that exposure to old engine oil has been shown possibly
>to cause certain cancers (or at least help them develop a bit better !).

I have read that used crankcase oil does contain carcinogens.
However,treating the sills should involve no more exposure to the oil than
changing oil and filter (which should be minuscule if done right - with
rubber gloves).  Or I may really splurge and use a quart of fresh oil in
the sills!

Russ Wilson              "Stop the drift - reunite Gondwana"