Re: A new carburettor synchronizing theory

To: David M Culgan <culgandm@ggdns.gg.dupont.com>
Subject: Re: A new carburettor synchronizing theory
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 14:36:01 -0900 (PDT)
On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, David M Culgan wrote:

> My dad used to have an "SU Tool Kit" when he had his MGA (can't find it now).
> Although I never used it, I believe it may have included some piece that
> indicated the position of the pistons, to be used in syncronizing. Does
>anybody
> have one of these and use it for this?

Dave, I just came across mine a few weeks ago, tucked in the glovebox of
one of my many stored (sigh!) cars. I think I used bits of it once, to
help center a jet, but I always had much better luck in balancing using
a Uni-Syn.

On the plus side, the two little wire thingies that you're supposed to
use to check equality of rising of pistons (or whatever) are nice
probes, or perhaps they could be used like divining rods to find small
water leaks. ;-)

  * NYS Library                         phone: (518) 474-8541 (voice) *

  * 10D36 CEC, Albany, NY 12230                  (518) 486-2152 (fax) *
  *  "I was wonderin' why we live so much longer'n our imaginations!" *
  *     -- Broom Hilda                                                *