Re: Tubing Source?

To: Richard.Guynn@hou.mcdermott.com
Subject: Re: Tubing Source?
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 12:59:11 -0400 (EDT)
On 5 Oct 1995 Richard.Guynn@hou.mcdermott.com wrote:

> I was hoping somenbody might give me a clue as to where I can find
some steel
> tubing.  I'm trying to get some 5/16" OD x  ~.047 wall so as to construct
>some
>
> oil lines for an engine I am working on.  I have looked at several normal
>auto
> Does anyone have a suggestion on the type of place I could look for a small
> (about 6' long section) of tubing?  I have previously been using some fuel

Small Parts, Inc. at 305 557 8222 sells a lot of neat stuff, including
tubing.  I can't find mild steel in their catalog, but they have copper
tube 5/16 od by .035 wall in 36 inch lengths, and Type 304 stainless in
5/16 with .035 wall 36 inches long.  I suspect bending the stainless would
be a challenge.  All kinds of plastic tube, including some high pressure,
and fittings.

Oh, yes, and it is a great place to get stones and other stuff for Dremel
tools.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910