Tubing Source?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tubing Source?
From: Richard.Guynn@hou.mcdermott.com
Date: 5 Oct 95 10:50:36 -0500
                      Subject:                              Time:  9:33 AM
  OFFICE MEMO         Tubing Source?                        Date:  10/5/95
Hi all,

I was hoping somenbody might give me a clue as to where I can find some steel
tubing.  I'm trying to get some 5/16" OD x  ~.047 wall so as to construct some

oil lines for an engine I am working on.  I have looked at several normal auto

parts shops, but all they have are reall thick walled brake lines.  I tried a
couple of steel yards, but they only go down to 1/2".  I tried an actual
tubing
supplier, but they have a $100 minimum.

Does anyone have a suggestion on the type of place I could look for a small
(about 6' long section) of tubing?  I have previously been using some fuel
line
from a wrecked 'B, but what remains is already too bent to fabricate into
anything else.  It's rather frustrating.  I wouldn't have thought something
like
that would be that hard to find.

Oh, and while I'm at it, does anyone know a local type of place that you can
get
those "banjo" fittings like those that go on the fuel lines?

Thanks all,
Rick